Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Selling Our House - The Rest of the Story

Apparently my abulia has left me a little behind in my posts. So here’s the rest of the story.

At the end of April, we declared our house “good enough to sell,” despite numerous noble intentions left unaddressed. We listed our home and prepared for a long and grueling process given the current market conditions.

To our shock, we received a full price offer within three days (didn’t mention that detail in my last post-I was still waiting for the catch). All along, we’ve prayed for clarity, begging God to reveal Himself in a way that would cause us to declare, “Only God could do that.”

As I look at the sold sign in front of our home, I can’t help but conclude, “God did that!”

We are scheduled to close on June 25, if all goes as planned. The only contingency left is financing, which is not a slam-dunk in today’s market, so we would covet your prayers this week.

God’s mercy never ceases to amaze us. As it stands now, our family will relocate to Raleigh, North Carolina this summer. More details to come. We’re both excited and overwhelmed at the moment (deer in the headlights). If anyone has any Raleigh-Durham insights, do share!

No comments: